1. Collection of Personal Information
In General. We may collect, use, disclose, transfer and store any information you enter on our website or give us through various means, including telephone calls, emails, enquiries or bookings at our sales office, SMS, website, various social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, fax, post, third party travel agents, travel aggregators, online portals and alike and any platforms used by the Company from time to time (collectively the “Platforms”). The information which we collect includes information that can identify you (“Personal Data”), including, but not limited to, your name, gender, date of birth, home address or correspondence address, contact numbers, identity card number or passport number, postal and email addresses, photos, videos, contact preferences, medical records or information relevant to your travel arrangements, travel details and, if you make a reservation with us, your payment details, including credit card and banking information. You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, and if you choose not to provide the requested Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing certain products or services to you.
Personal Information Relating To Another Person. When you make a reservation with us on behalf of a travel companion or another person, we will request for the Personal Information of that individual. You should obtain the consent of such other individuals prior to providing their Personal Information to us. Any request to view or change their Personal Information provided in relation to the reservation which you have made can only be made through you.
12Fly Dot Com Sdn bhd may also collect your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives, agents (e.g. travel agents) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public vanues or in any of our premises.
Surveys and Contests. We may request Personal Information relating to you through surveys or contests which we conduct from time to time. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice as to whether or not to provide the Personal Information we have requested through the survey or contest. Personal Information collected through surveys will be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services. Personal Information collected through contests will be used to notify winners and award prizes.
2. How We Use Your Information
General. We will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:To provide you with the products and services you request;
- To process your requested services;
- To manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel booking notifications;
- To communicate with you in general;
- To respond to your questions and comments;
- To allow us to contact you for customer service, if necessary;
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website;
- To notify you about special offers and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To customise your experience on our website;
- To reward you as part of any reward and recognition programme you choose to join;
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions when you make a travel booking with us; and
- As otherwise notified to you at the point of collection.
Credit Card Information. We use your credit card information for the purpose of completing the travel bookings which you make with us.
Direct Marketing. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities with us. One way we do this is by sending marketing messages to you through email, SMS, fax or post that contain information about your travel-related interests and travel-related special offers which are available with us.
Kindly respond to us if you do not consent to the use of your personal data for receiving any marketing materials and services.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties, some of whom may be located overseas, and a result, may require us to transfer your Personal Information overseas:
- Third Party Suppliers (in or outside of Malaysia), pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
- Third Party Vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contest programmes, fraud prevention auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, advertisers, travel agencies and other advisers. We may also authorise third party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Platforms, or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Business Partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. If you choose to receive information about these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those third party partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of the Company.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, spin-off or other corporate reorganisation of the Company.
3. Cookies and Other Web Technologies
We automatically collect some information about you and your computer when you visit our website, such as your IP address, web browser software (such as Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari), referring websites, and information about your online activities on our website, such as information viewed and purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customise your user experience.
In addition to the above cookies, we use local shared objects, also referred to as flash cookies, on our website. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local shared objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personal identifiable information that you have provided on our website, and cannot be accessed by other websites.
Our website may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve website performance. We may also allow our third-party vendors to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our website. This helps us to measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
4. Display of Tailored Advertising on Our Website
The advertisements you see on our website are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your activities on our website through cookies and other web technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our website; and (2) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our website and across the internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our website, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
6. Terms Specific to Mobile Phone Devices
When you use a mobile device to access our website, we will collect, use, disclose, transfer and store Personal Information relating to you in the same way and for the same purposes as when you use a computer to access our website. We also collect, use, disclose, transfer and store the following additional information from your use of a mobile device to access our website in order to optimise our website to minimise data usage:
- We collect information on the areas of our website which you access through your mobile device, which allows us to refine the arrangement of our website content for compatibility with mobile devices.
- Our website records the unique device identifier of your mobile device (called a “UUID” for iOS mobile devices and the “device ID” for Android mobile devices).
7. Updating Personal Information
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Personal Information which we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information. If you find that any Personal Information which we hold about you is incorrect, you may, by written notice, request the company to make the necessary correction to your personal data.
The company reserves the right to refuse to entertain any request for access or correction in the following circumstances:
(i) Where you or the party making the request on your behalf fail to provide sufficient information as may reasonably be required to enable the company to positively locate or identify the personal data to which the access request relates;
(ii) Where you or the party making the request on your behalf fail to provide sufficient information as may reasonably be required to enable the company to confirm on your identity or the identity of the person making the request on your behalf or where the company feels that you or the requesting party is not in fact the owner or the subject of the personal data in question and is not lawfully entitled to make any requests in relation to the personal data.